Rules in jottopia are designed to keep jottopia a fun, creative environment. Players found not following the jottopia rules risk being banned, temporarily or permanently.
Help Keep Stories Focused
- Let's always create amazing stories. Help Keep Stories coherent and Story Pages Focused on storytelling only. Please do not Jot or add into a story personal comments, or use a story page as a chat room. such behavior is disruptive, and may result in users being banned from the site.
- We love stories, and in our quest to make a fun, expressive and amazing collaborative experience for all our jotters, please refrain from purposely trying to ruin the creative process - for example, do not just write jots that simply say, "and then they died." Such behavior is disruptive and may result in users being banned from the site.
- We don’t mind crazy plot twists, just make ‘em creative and great!. Your story openers and/or jots have the ability to make you a star!!! Hollywood Studios and the professional publishing world just might be looking for fresh spectacular storytellers daily.
- When creating a story opener or a jot users have 20 minutes and a limited number of words, so use time wisely and make every word count. NOTE: If a users time runs out, the page will refresh and the user will loose all their work.
- Once a story opening or a jot has been created by a user and added to the system, they can not be edited. So always check your work!
- No rude or inappropriate language.
This includes any swearing, racism, talking about drugs, sex, or alcohol.
No bullying or being mean to others. Make sure you always treat others the way you would like to be treated.
Any content displayed and/or processed utilizing the System shall not contain any of the following:
content that infringes a third party’s rights (e.g., copyright) according to applicable law;
excessively profane content;
hate-related or violent hate-related content;
content advocating racial or ethnic intolerance;
content intended to advocate or advance computer hacking or cracking;
content advocating or enabling Gambling;
content relating to other illegal activity, including without limitation illegal export of controlled substances or illegal software or drug paraphernalia;
malicious content; or other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third-party rights.
A ban is the biggest and most harsh punishment received in Jottopia for breaking any of the rules. The duration of a ban ranges from 24 hours to forever.
- If a player wants to create a new user account with the same email address as a banned user, they will have to wait until the ban is lifted.
There are two ways bans occur in Jottopia:
1. Automatic bans occur when a jotter uses inappropriate language that is detected by our security system. These bans happen immediately, and the jotter will be logged out of jottopia, and banned for 24 hours.
2. Moderators can apply bans to a user at any time. When a user is reported, a record of all story jots, including comment messages, is sent to our moderators. Moderators review the conversation and will ban accounts in different ways that are found breaking the Jottopia Rules (see below). Accounts can be banned for 24 hours, 72 hours, or forever depending on the offense.
There is NO way for another jotter to place a ban on your account. Only moderators can place bans.
Read below for more information about bans.
- Warning - A warning is issued to jotters who break the rules. The jotter will not be logged off or kicked out of the server. A warning email will be sent to the user reminding them of the rules.
- 24 Hours: For swearing or inappropriate talk or insulting/bullying others..
- 72 Hours: For "attempted system manipulation", such as cheating or hacking.
- Forever: Caused by having multiple severe bans
Reporting Disruptive Behavior
Jotters can help by reporting a rule breaker to the Jottopia moderators, but if the jotter suspected has not broken the rules, they will not be punished. If this was used on purpose, the jotter who falsely reported someone can also be banned in very rare instances when a moderator sees them report an innocent user for fun. If you accidentally reported another user for the wrong reason, you can contact Jottopia to make sure you don't get banned.
To learn more about bans, terminations, and reporting, see the list of Jottopia Rules above.
- We are dedicated to always improving and keeping Jottopia a fun, entertaining and non-harsh environment. Jottopia’s safety commitment is to “police” and quickly handle disruptive behavior by taking appropriate measures to ensure Jottopia remains safe for people of all ages. stories that may contain inappropriate content flagged by users and other signals will instantly be handled by our committed safety staff. Our filter system monitors the site 24 hours a day, however no filter is 100% accurate, though it should help you avoid 99.99% of all inappropriate content.